Is there anything better than a warm bath with Himalayan salt and essential oils? Yes, give yourself a special treat with homemade bath balls! Instead of artificial fragrances and industrial ingredients include your favorite essential oils, colors, shapes, scents and even fruit or herbs. Add some natural color to your bath bomb by simply blending some freeze dried fruit (strawberries, blueberries) and enjoy the relaxing fizz and bubble with beautiful colors – which your skin will also love.
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup Almond oil (or any non-comedogenic oil)
- 1/4 cup freeze Dried Fruit (for coloring)
- 20 drops Essential Oil (Vanilla, Lemon or anything you like)
- any kind of fruit (it is best if it is some kind of berry) or herbs
- water in spray bottle
- molds (for shape)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl (Baking Soda, Epsom Salt, Cornstarch, Citric Acid, optional: dried fruit dust).
- Add in the almond oil and essential oils and fruit/herbs. Whisk together until well combined.
- Spray the mixture with water in a spray bottle a little at a time until the ingredients hold together when squeezed in your hands. It will foam a bit but it is okay. Keep repeating this until the right consistency is reached.
- Prepare your bath bomb molds by greasing them with coconut oil (metal molds are better because they come apart more easily than plastic molds).
- Set aside for 24 hours to harden. Use within 2-3 months.