Make classic chocolate brownies with this easy recipe! The perfect chewy fudge squares of chocolate are made in one hour with just one bowl and simple ingredients. So light and perfectly soft and delicious! They have the perfect intensity of chocolate flavor, which will remain fresh and fudgy for several days.
An easy, pretty and chocolatey treat with a taste that will amaze you!
- 240 grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 260 grams white sugar
- 200 grams packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 130 grams all purpose flour
- 100 grams good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200 grams roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175°C .
- Lightly grease an 8 x 12-inch baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugars together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate pieces.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for just under-done brownies (fudgier texture) or until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch. (OR 35-40 minutes if you like your brownies well set and firm.)
- After 15-20 minutes, carefully remove them out of the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies. They set while they cool.
Store at room temperature for 3 days, or refrigerator for up to 5 days. These brownies can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe & Photos @cafedelites