Napoleon Cake, The classic Russian Napoleon cake is made of incredibly crispy crust and incredibly creamy filling. Serve it with seasonal fruit and no one will remain indifferent!
How to make a napoleon cake ?
napoleon cake Ingredients
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cool whip thawed
- 3 1lb packages puff pastry
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add the flour to the eggs, then blend in 1/2 cup milk.
- Add 3 cups of milk into a saucepan and bring to a slight simmer, but don’t let it boil.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the hot milk while stirring constantly with a whisk.
Thicken the custard and let it cool completely
- Transfer the saucepan back to the burner and heat over low heat. Make sure to constantly stir until the custard thickens. Remove the custard from the heat and let it cool completely.
Thaw, roll, and Bake puff pastry
- Thaw out each sheet of puff pastry and place onto a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll each sheet out to a 30 x 40 cm rectangle.
- Using the rolling pin, transfer the puff pastry sheet onto a baking sheet. Then generously puncture the puff pastry with a fork.
- Bake in 200 C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Add remaining ingredients to pastry cream
- Once the custard has cooled completely add in the vanilla and thawed cool whip.
- Lastly, beat the softened butter with an electric mixer and blend it into the custard.
Assemble the Napoleon cake
- Divide the cream amongst 5 layered puff pastry sheets and reserve the 6th sheet.
- Crumble the reserved puff pastry sheet and coat the top and sides of the cake with it. At this point, you can either leave the cake as is or decorate it with fresh berries.
how to make a napoleon cake is here.